Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lollapalooza 2009

(Lollapalooza crowd, stage, and skyline)

Lollapalooza released the band line up at midnight last night, and I have been filled with excitement and happiness ever since. This afternoon a purchased my ticket before the large number of festival-goers would sell out the middle priced tickets.

I am in a daze from the line-up. The bands are outrageous this year, and I can’t want to be mesmerized by their music that I have fallen in love with.  The bands that will leave me speechless include:
-Kings of Leon                   -The Killers
-Band of Horses
               -Vampire Weekend
-The Decemberists
           -Arctic Monkeys
-Ben Folds
                          -Silversun Pickups

And there are soo many more…..
So the weekend of August seventh through the ninth should be some of the best music days ever.


(Rage against the machine .)

(Chromeo)

Last year was my first experience of a large music festival, and it was one of the greatest moments of my life. There were so many great points for those three days: it was the weekend my boyfriend and I started officially dating; I was exposed to some of the greatest bands ever; Being among an extremely large crowd and feel the power of music touch my soul. I will never forget that weekend.


(Kanye West)

(Pictures in this post are from my Lollapalooza experience last year.)


peace and love.

elephante

No comments: